As the reliance on the computerised flow of information continues to increase, so is the risk to that flow. Many make it easy for sensitive and private information to be hacked by a lack of appropriate administration and security policies around the transfer and handling of information. It has been said there are two types of organisations: those who know they have been hacked and those who have been hacked, but do not know it. Almost, every day there is news about a hacked company, regardless of size. You take on additional responsibilities when handling the health information of your clients. Known for his unwavering commitment to educational excellence professor Everitt will provide valuable insight on this important topic. In this lecture you will learn:
- Data breach and legalities
- Updates on the Privacy Act 1998
- Secure information storage
- Multi-factor Authentication
- Important considerations when updating your computer
- Revelations and statistics from the Australian Cyber Security Centre (ACSC) and ACCC.